If an industry has a spill, slug discharge, unauthorized discharge, or any other discharge beyond the normal permitted operation, Clean Water Services must be notified as soon as possible.
Business Hours Procedure
Follow these procedures for discharges occurring between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday, with the exception of legal holidays:
- Immediately notify Clean Water Services Environmental Services Division at 503.681.5175. Be sure to state that a potential emergency exists.
- The following information should be given:
- Date, time, and location of the spill
- Type, volume and concentration of waste discharged
- What corrective action has been taken
- Industrial contact person's name and telephone number
After Hours Procedure
Follow these procedures for discharges occurring after normal business hours, during holidays or on weekends:
- Call the CWS Main Office at 503.681.3600. After hours, you will be connected to the CWS answering service. Be sure to inform the answering service that a potential emergency exists, giving them items 1-4 above. This will ensure that the CWS Duty Officer is contacted as quickly as possible.