Development Services

Welcome! We are located at Clean Water Services' Administrative Builiding, 2nd Floor, 2550 Southwest Hillsboro Highway, (503) 681-5100.

The goal of our department is to provide the most efficient and effective way for you to obtain your development project permits. If you plan to develop or build in Washington, Multnomah, or Clackamas Counties within Clean Water Services’ (District) jurisdiction you will need a Service Provider Letter (SPL) (PDF, 246KB) from the District. The next steps are determined by the location of your development.

Specifically, if your project is located in one of the larger member cities (Beaverton, Cornelius, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Sherwood, Tigard or Tualatin) you will need to continue the process with that city to obtain the appropriate permits. If your project is in an unincorporated portion of the above counties in the District’s jurisdiction or in a smaller city (Banks, Gaston, Durham, King City or North Plains) you will need to obtain the appropriate permits from the District first before proceeding with obtaining permits from your county. The following are a few examples of the activities needing permits:

Learn more about Development Services


Permits & Development

Connect with us.

Follow us on twitter @RiverRanger Join us on facebook